Yep, it’s me. Well, maybe it is; there are a lot of Stephen Bells in the world!
Wolfram Alpha reckons there are around 2,400 Stephen Bells, Steven Bells and Steve Bells. So many Steve Bells are there in fact, that in the right-hand sidebar you’ll find a list of some notable others. If you’ve found the wrong one, you may find the one you’re searching for there. I am, at least, in very good company!
So, let’s add a few key words that might (or might not) tell you whether you’ve got the right Steve Bell:
- Streatham Modern School
- Alleyn’s School
- Pratts of Streatham (John Lewis Partnership)
- Bawtrees Photographic (Sutton, Surrey)
- Leroy Photographic (Beckenham, Kent)
- RCAD, Ravensbourne College of Art and Design (Bromley, Kent)
- University College London AV Department (Gower street, London)
- Whilst at UCL, I also: worked alongside the University of London AV Centre at 11 Bedford Square and did some extra curricular reporting for BBC Radio London when they were in Hanover Square.
- Imperial College of Science and Technology TV Studio (Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London)
- Kent Police TV Unit (Maidstone, Kent)
- Where I also spent some time with BBC Radio Medway (as it was then).
- Tandy, TRS-80 – Regional Computer Sales Manager with 26 stores across SE England
- Granada Business Centres – Employee 001 of a new startup by the Granada Group Plc. (Slough Berkshire)
- Businessland (UK) (Slough, Berkshire)
- Erskine Data Systems (Chandlers Ford, Hampshire)
- ComputerLand UK (Slough, Berkshire) / ComputerLand Europe (Route de Treves, Luxembourg)
- JWP BusinessLand (Slough Berkshire)
- JWP Information Services (Slough Berkshire)
- LANTEC Information Services (Slough Berkshire)
- Elcom IT and Elcom International Inc. (Slough Berkshire) [Link]
- eProcurement Scotl@nd (Contract) (Victoria Quay, Edinburgh) [Link]
- Extended Systems (Contract) (Bristol, Avon)
- Sybase Corporation and iAnywhere (Contract) (Bristol, Avon) [Link]
- The Centre for Housing and Support (Worcester) [Link]
Ermmm… yes, I have had a few jobs haven’t I? Mind you, all the blue ones, from Granada to Elcom, was one organisation, through 20 years and several name changes. It’s the only place from which I have the posh, cut glass 20 year award!
I’ve also lived in: Streatham/Tooting in London, Ashford in Kent, Maidstone in Kent, Downham in the London Borough of Bromley, West Wickham, Sutton in Surrey, Norwood in London, Back to Maidstone (Bearsted), Shirley in Surrey, Ealing/Hanwell in West London, Addlestone in Surrey, Bournemouth in Dorest, a small hotel in Bristol (long term contract! :-) and where I am now settled, in the heart of England – in Worcester.
Currently, I’m Marketing and Research Manager for the Centre for Housing and Support based in Worcester.
If none of those ring a Bell (pun totally intentional) you’ve found the wrong me!